Monday, March 15, 2010

Highway Girl (Live - Double Suicide Rant) - Tragically Hip

Gord Downie's 'Double Suicide' monologue during a performance of Highway Girl. She had a beautiful apartment She had a beautiful apartment Well, actually it was a lousy apartment But sh-she's very handy with her hands And she's got architectural digest magazines So she knows what she's doing She likes to decorate her apartment in the Santa Fé tradition I told her it was dated But I see more of the world than she does She got an apartment where the property was cheap Next to the free way She said "I save lots of money but I lose lots of sleep, in my apartment where the property is so cheap" And We'd Laugh! And We'd Laugh! And We'd Laugh! Ah, and we'd take pop shots at the passing cars *Ping* And We'd Laugh! We were dumping the body and we'd laugh. We found a place that was dark and rotten, a place where the police helicopters would never spot us. I destroyed the map that we'd so carefully plotted. Every day we're dumping a body, she and me Every single day. And we'd laugh about it. That's when I knew it was time that we both killed ourselves together. Together we were nothing but a menace. Apart we were nothing but lonely. I read too much. I thought we should kill ourselves. She doesn't read a thing. She believed me. Are you really the messiah? Yes I am. She was younger than me too, she was younger than me. And I said to her, I said, You know Colline, no one stamps on a burning bag of shit anymore. Nobody! Are you really the messiah? Yes I am. Believe it. So we opted to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment